The Molecaten Park Waterbos is directly behind the dunes at the little town of Rockanje.1/10Carefree holiday
Holland | A vacation in a holiday park is particularly ideal for families. As parents you can lean back and relax whilst your kids are taken care of and are fully entertained.
Per week from GBP 252show 832 offers
2/10Best holiday resort Netherlands
Egmond aan Zee | An endlessly long beach and an unspoiled landscape of dunes characterise Egmond aan Zee, which has been chosen as the best holiday resort thanks to your customer reviews. Read more in our blog!
Per week from GBP 289show 31 offers
3/10Best holiday resort Netherlands
Egmond aan Zee | Beach, dunes and waves of the North Sea – that are next to the good infrastructure according to you the main reasons which make Egmond aan Zee the most popular holiday resort in the Netherlands.
Per week from GBP 265show 8 offers
Water pavilions for up to six people with their own jetty on the Bergumer lake in Friesland.4/10Holiday homes directly by the water
Netherlands | Open the front door and off you go. Fun on, beside, and with the water is clearly a priority with these holiday homes near the shore.
Per week from GBP 340show 114 offers
This holiday home is located in the little yacht harbour of Enkhuizen and has received 23 positive reviews to date.5/10The best in the Netherlands
Whether you’re on the coast or in the country’s interior, a picturesque little resort, or a family-friendly holiday park – we hereby present you with the best-rated holiday homes and apartments.
Per week from GBP 234show 1,316 offers
6/10Vacation with your dog
The Netherlands | With these holiday houses it is explicitely allowed to bring pets so that your faithful four legged friend can also enjoy a relaxing and eventful holiday.
Per week from GBP 243show 9,174 offers
Farm house for 16 people in Gelderland7/10Enough space for everyone
The Netherlands | Travelling together is always a great experience. In our extra large holiday houses with at least six bedrooms one can go on holiday with the entire family and take friends with you too.
Per week from GBP 654show 433 offers
How about something a bit unusual? A sailing ship with space for 30 people.8/10Sailor ahoi!
The Netherlands | Are you seaworthy? Here you will find houseboats, sailing vessels, pontoon houses and everything else that floats on water.
Per week from GBP 565show 17 offers
This is how holiday rental owners described Zandvoort
The name Zandvoort originates from “Sandevoerde”. ‘Sande’ means dunes or sand and ‘Voerde/Voorde’ indicates a thoroughfare in a waterway. From 1850, the fishing village slsowly changed into the pleasant beach resort Zandvoort. As the beach is sistuated very close to Amsterdam, nowadays it is called Amsterdam ...
show more Beach!
If you would like to know more about Zandvoort’s history, please visit the Zandvoorts Museum or visit the VVV Zandvoort’s website.
Whether you are after an active or a quiet holiday, this is to place to enjoy the sun and feel the wind in your hair. It is the place to cycle and to relax.
Zandvoort’s beaches are wide and varied. There are 39 beach ‘pavilions’with comfortable outside sitting areas for you to enjoy sun, sand and sea. Unlike in the past when the pavilions were removed in the winter, many are now permanent and as a result open throughout the year for a drink, lunch or dinner. Spectecular sea views await you.
The centre of Zandvoort has many comfortable bars en restaurants and a variety of shops. The picturesque Zandvoortse huisjes are situated in the small streets around the centre.
Zandvoort is bordered on both sides by beautiful dunes (Amsterdamse Waterleidingduinen to the south and Kennemerduinen to the north) which are excellent for walking. Walking and entrance permits may be obtained from the VVV Zandvoort. The long beaches run towards Noordwijk (south) and via Bloemendaal towards Ijmuiden (north). The beach at Bloemendaal is particularly popular because of its beach parties and cool beach tents.
Zandvoort has a golf course and a race circuit. See www.circuit-zandvoort.nl for more information. Circus Zandvoort provides entertainment for all ages. It has a theatre/cinema where current films may be watched. There is alao a Casino. The colourful and striking building was designed by architect Sjoerd Soeters and is worth a visit for its design alone
ENTERTAINMENT FOR CHILDREN IN ZANDVOORT
In addition to playing and chilling on the beach and in the dunes, the “Mu-ZEE-um” situated on the promenade provides a ‘sea experience’.
Circus Zandvoort has a cinema and a downstairs interactive game area.
Zandvoort has a tropical swimming pool. Bowling alleys and tennis and squash courts are nearby.
Nearby Groenendaal provides good walking opportunities as well as a childrens farm with small play area. A larger play area “de Linnaeushof” is situated about half an hours drive away in Bennebroek.
The Zandvoort events calendar contains all events for 2011.
You may request a guide with all information about Zandvoort and nearby areas from VVV Zandvoort www.vvvzandvoort.nl
PARKING IN ZANDVOORT
In most parts of Zandvoort one has to pay for parking and parking meters are situated in many areas. Some parking spaces may only be used by permit holders. There are special car parks where you may park your car for the day.
From November to February inclusive, you may park for free along the boulevard and at the dunes area to the south of Zandvoort. At other times, free parking is available within a 10 to 15 minutes walk from the centre.
Information about parking in Zandvoort may be found on the VVV Zandvoort website.
AROUND HAARLEM AND AMSTERDAM
Zandvoort has a direct train/bus connection to Haarlem and Amsterdam. This is a quick way of getting you there without parking being a problem.
Haarlem is a beautiful old Dutch city situated along the river Spaarne. There are many attractive monuments in its atmospheric centre as e.g. the famous Teijlers museum and the Frans Hals Museum. Apart from the large shopping streets, there are many characterful small streets with a variety of shops as well as lovely cafes and restaurants.
For more information about Haarlem and nearby areas please visist www.noord-holland.com of www.haarlemmarketing.nl
Amsterdam hardly needs an introduction. The museums as e.g. the van Gogh, the Rijksmuseum, the Stedelijk museum, the ‘Fotografie Foam’ and the recently opened Hermitage are more than worth a visist. Don’t forget the world famous Anne Frank museum nearby the beautiful Westertoren in the centre of Amsterdam.
Walk through the 9 Straatjes (small streets). During a tour throrugh the ‘Jordaan’, you will find out more about the real Amsterdam. Take a seat in one of the touring boats and admire the special canal houses.
For more information please visit www.iamsterdam.com or www.vvvamsterdam.nl
Just near: Beach, Sea, Supermarket, casino, city centre, railwaystation etc..
All within a circle of 200 meters.
If you want to stay in Amsterdam or Haarlem it's much better to rent in Zandvoort.
Just 30 kilometers from Amsterdam, 15 ...
show more km from Haarlem.
This is 30 and 15 minutes by train or car.
You have the wonderful beach and not the stinking city.
If you love the smell of fresh air, good food, this is the place to be.
Photos of the town
Property no. 1475896
+ 16 morefrom GBP 457for 1 week
Zandvoort, North Holland (Zandvoort and the surrounding area)
Holiday home for max. 6 personsApprox. 90 m², 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, pets are allowed (max. 1), TV, Wifi, dishwasher, sea approx. 100 mThere are 16 further property types with 16 accommodations for this complex
- from GBP 1,254/week Holiday home for max. 4 persons, approx. 90 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1531882 Preview
- from GBP 1,254/week Holiday home for max. 4 persons, approx. 90 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1531883 Preview
- from GBP 605/week Holiday home for max. 6 persons, approx. 110 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1595486 Preview
- from GBP 521/week Holiday home for max. 6 persons, approx. 110 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1596537 Preview
- from GBP 403/week Holiday home for max. 4 persons, approx. 55 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1485370 Preview
- from GBP 521/week Holiday home for max. 6 persons, approx. 110 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1596536 Preview
- from GBP 1,950/week Holiday home for max. 18 persons, approx. 410 m², 8 bedrooms, property no. 1510425 Preview
- from GBP 323/week Holiday home for max. 4 persons, approx. 45 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 1475867 Preview
- from GBP 411/week Holiday home for max. 6 persons, approx. 55 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1475868 Preview
- from GBP 530/week Holiday home for max. 8 persons, approx. 110 m², 4 bedrooms, property no. 1476414 Preview
- from GBP 323/week Holiday home for max. 4 persons, approx. 45 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 1476415 Preview
- from GBP 403/week Holiday home for max. 4 persons, approx. 55 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1476413 Preview
- from GBP 403/week Holiday home for max. 4 persons, approx. 55 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1475409 Preview
- from GBP 530/week Holiday home for max. 8 persons, approx. 110 m², 4 bedrooms, property no. 1475866 Preview
- from GBP 403/week Holiday home for max. 6 persons, approx. 55 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1476416 Preview
- from GBP 457/week Holiday home for max. 6 persons, approx. 90 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 1476417 Preview
Property no. 1317055
+ 3 morefrom GBP 466for 1 week
Zandvoort, North Holland (Zandvoort and the surrounding area)
Holiday home for max. 6 personsApprox. 70 m², 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, pets are allowed (max. 2), TV, dishwasher, water approx. 1 kmThere are 3 further property types with 3 accommodations for this complex
- from GBP 461/week Holiday home for max. 6 persons, approx. 70 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 1604472 Preview
- Rental price on request Holiday home for max. 4 persons, approx. 51 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1317054 Preview
- from GBP 401/week Holiday home for max. 4 persons, approx. 51 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1604471 Preview