This is how holiday rental owners described Flic en Flac
show more Flic en Flac is located along the west coastline, with many hotels and villas having direct beach access.
Attractions nearby Flic en Flac
1. The Mauritius Safari and Casela Bird Park is a real animal's sanctuary.
The visit to the park includes: visit to the Bird Park, visit to the Petting Farm, and access to the many facilities of the park such as the child corner and restaurant.
Mini Safari Bus Trip - Another attraction of the park is the Mini-Safari tour. It is a unique safari bus trip which takes you into the Yemen natural reserve park and into the African Savannah. As part of the safari bus trip you will get to discover the beautiful nature of the Yemen nature reserve whilst observing the wild animals in their habitat.
The Interaction is a unique activity of one-on-one time with one of these impressive predators (Lions, Cheetahs) in their compound.
2. Swimming with the Dolphins and Whale watching
A unique experience of 2.5 hours swimming activity with dolphins in their natural surroundings! It is a unique dolphins activity done on a speed boat.
- A unique 3 hours experience of watching whales in their natural surroundings!
The whale watching trip is a unique opportunity to explore the spectacular lives of these magnificent marine mammals in their natural aquatic habitat.
4. Black River Gorges National Park
The location of some of the rarest forests in the world. It is home to more than 150 species of plants and nine species of birds which are found only in Mauritius. Covering 6 574 hectares, the park comprises 3.5% of the island and ties in its south-west corner. You are invited to the experience of a lifetime.
5. Chamarel Falls and Colored Earth is a wonder in Mauritius Island. Chamarel is a small village but what make this small village so often visited by tourist is, the seven coloured earth. Chamarel make par of the attractions that is a must to be seen. Chamarel make part of the west southwest tour and excursion. At Chamarel there is the Chamarel falls, a real beauty. The colored earth is a real curiosity for the visitors and a wonder. The different colors of the earth are there as if it was disposed at this place to attract people, but it is just natural. All of this magnificent view has been created by volcanic rocks. You can’t miss to visit Chamarel while being in.
6. For Golf lovers, Tamarina Golf Course situated 10 minutes drive from Flic en Flac offers 18-hole par 72 Championship golf course designed by Rodney Wright and a modern clubhouse with Pro Shop, bar and restaurant.
7. For kite surfers, Le Morne, at the foot of Mauritius' famous landmark, the impressive le Morne Brabant Mountain, in the southern part of the island, offers everything kitesurfers could wish for. The spot is excellently suited to all kitesurfing skills. The main reasons include the constant southeast trade winds, which especially in the summer month blow all day. These winds that travelled 4000 miles over the sea are therefore very constant and clear.
The drive from Flic en Flac to Port Louis takes about 30 minutes, while the drive to the airport takes about 1 hour.
show more Flic en Flac has many tourists attractions close by such as birds park, mountain ranges, deep sea fishing, horse riding, scuba-diving, karting, boat hire, discotheques, massage parlour, tourist shops and horse riding on the beach.
Enjoy the beauty of the Indian Ocean with a holiday home in Mauritius
Mauritius | A holiday home in Mauritius is the first step in planning a great island vacation. Enjoy the comforts of home while taking in this little piece of paradise in the Indian Ocean. If the white beaches and blue waters aren't enough, the island has many other attractions, from lush mountains and tropical forests to the large coral reef that surrounds most of the island and there is no better way to experience it than renting a holiday house or a holiday apartment.
Enjoying the ocean
Travellers staying in a holiday rental in Mauritius will take one look at the white sand and blue water and not want to leave the beach. Fortunately it is possible to enjoy even more of the island without heading inland as just off shore the world's third largest coral reef is a great location for snorkeling or diving. From Flic-en-Flac to Blue Bay to Trou-aux-Biches there are beautiful beaches all around the island's coast, so renters of holiday homes won't have to worry about where they stay. The North Western Coast and the West Coast are particularly popular destinations.
The natural beauty of Mauritius
Guests at a holiday house or holiday apartment will have more to see than just beaches. Inland there are lush mountains that are great for hiking. Exploring the mountains visitors will find lakes in extinct volcanoes and quaint towns such as Rose Hill. Travellers staying in a holiday rental will also want to visit the Seven Coloured Earths, a field of sand dunes at Chamarel that stretch out in rolling hills of multiple colours. A holiday rental is a great way to experience these wonders.
History and night life
Holiday home renters will find many of the towns such as Port Louis, the Island's vibrant capital, offer great nightlife and there are sites and museums dedicated to local history and the environment such as the François Leguat Reserve and the Blue Penny Museum. To enjoy all this and more, book a holiday home on Mauritius today.